About Me

My photo
I graduated from one of the most prestigious schools, got my bachelors and masters in engineering, had a promising career, and had wonderful, beautiful children. By all accounts and appearances, it would have appeared for a long time that I had a great, picturesque life, but underneath it all, I was married to someone who was diagnosed as being narcissistic. My nightmare started almost immediately after I married this person who was Jekyl and Hyde. I want to share my experiences and to let you know what I had to sacrifice and do to get away from this person. My journey still continues as I am still working to fully recover from experiencing this person in my life. I don't think anyone ever really recovers from dealing with such a monster.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Why am I doing this????

I graduated from one of the most prestigious schools, got my bachelors and masters in engineering, had a promising career, and had wonderful, beautiful children.  By all accounts and appearances, it would have appeared for a long time that I had a great, picturesque life, but underneath it all, I was married to someone who was diagnosed as being narcissistic. 

My nightmare started almost immediately after I married this person who was Jekyl and Hyde.  I want to share my experiences and to let you know what I had to sacrifice and do to get away from this person.  My journey still continues as I am still working to fully recover from experiencing this person in my life.  I don't think anyone ever really recovers from dealing with such a monster. 

There will be many people who will not understand what I have experienced and the choices I have made because they have never experienced the true Narcissist.  For those people, I say be grateful that you have never encountered such an experience.  For those of us who have experienced living with a narcissist, I want to tell you that I understand completely what you are or have gone through.  You are not alone and it is not YOU.  In this case, it really is this unrelentless, vile person who will torment you without boundaries.  There is no reasoning with someone who is narcissistic.  They have a view of life that is so far from reality that you end up shaking your head in disbelief and questioning if what you had experienced really did happen the way you remember it. 

My goal is to write about my experiences, share what I have learned, and hopefully help someone deal with and free themselves from their narcissist.  My secondary goal, is to let all so much I have held in for years and quietly suffered.  I do this as a means to continue to heal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment